Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Experimental Lolita + my Etsy

Well I have been juggling cyber lolita outfits in my head for a while now, but I dont have the money to do exactly what I want. However, after going through my events page on Facebook, I realized that on April 28th, I have two events I really want to go to on the same day! AND they just happen to be at the same park! The first event is our May Day picnic for all the Arizona lolitas. The second is the first raver picnic of the season. Since I know that the raver picnics usually last all night long, and I know that the May Day picnic will last till about 3:00, I figured I could just walk across the park to join in the raver kid festivities.

I havnt had the time or money to go to a rave recently. The last one I went to was back in November. I really misss it a lot! I miss all of my raver friends! Unfortunately we are so busy with our own lives that raves are the only time we ever get to see eachother.

So, at first I was planning an outfit for the May Day picnic, but then I was thinkng, that wouldnt do so well at a raver party. All though for summer International Lolita Day last year I wore lolita to a rave, but that was a speciql case. So I figured why not create an outfir that combines my love for the rave world, AND lolita? I have a ton of beads, so yesterday I went to work on a few accessories.


A kandi mask, a bow, and a cupcake hair tie. I am contemplating making kandi goggles, but I am not sure if thats going to be too much on my head since I am also obviously going to have my headbow on as well.

I am going to wear my Whip Magic jsk in black, and wear my pink fuzzy legwarmers and wrist cuffs. I am really excited for this outfit! It is going to combine the two things I love most, AND it will be with my favorite dress!

Here is a rough preview of what it will look like:

But I think I am eithet going to wear black otk socks instead. Possibly with my pink glittery fishnet tights on top if I can find them! ;P

As for makeup, I have no idea what to do!!! All I know for certain is that I will be wearing my green cercle lenses. Here is a closeup of what the mask looks like worn. I also have my circle lenses in right now, but please excuse my boring every-day makeup. Whatever I decide on is going to be very glittery, and probably have lots of swirls or something going on.


And while I really wanted to continue with the 30 day challange, I can not at the moment. For one, one of the people in my building has bed bugs. The infestation is so bad they are having reports of them now moveing into other peopls rooms. When I found this out yesterday I was incredibly grossed out! I even slept at my gentelman caller's house last night so I wouldnt have to be here. I have never had a bug problem. I like to keep my place spotless and clean! Even with all the animals I have, I always make sure no cage is smelly and I vaccum regularly! So now that this infestation is going on in the room beneath me, the exterminators came in and tore my apartment apart to set up bug traps, and spray down my floor and walls. They also gased the heck out of the breeding grounds down stairs, so hopefully that will be the end of that! So now that my place is torn apart, I dont really want to take pictures of my room for the next challange.

Secondly, I have been really busy with my Etsy shop. I make and sell custom beaded bikini tops and belts. I have also done purses and skirts for myself and others. I recently got several orders so I have been a bit busy and havnt been able to have the time to continue with the challange, and then the bug problem happened :[

Anyways, here is the latest order I have finished. This is for an A-cup, and the rainbow pattern is glow in the dark.


The next order I will be working on is a Batman belt. It is going to be awesome, and I will definately share pictures of when it is done!

I think after I finish all of my current orders I might make a few more masks and list them and see how they go. If they sell allright then I might add them to my list of custom pieces that can be ordered.

So what do you think of my outfit and newest creations? I would really like some con crit for all of them! Thanks so much in advance for your info!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love your outfit! :D
    (I still want the bright pink Whip Magic for a cyberloli coord. :p)

    I find your kandi mask very creative too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for the compliment! I am also looking for the dark pink whip magic op! I am so in love with this series!

    I am really glad I decided to make the mask out of beads! I was able to make the perfect matching pattern to go with my dress! Besides, the green pink and white beads glow in the dark! It looks really cool glowing! All I need now is to find pink and green glowsticks to use once it gets dark! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit! i would really love to do a cyber lolita outfit one day :) just a question but isn't that mask uncomfortable? it looks like it would be! It's a really cute touch though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isnt too uncomfortable actually! Allthough i want to replace the loops with smaller beads so it will fit better behind my ears. I made a second one with small beads for the loops and it not only is more comfortable, but it holds on better as well! :]

    ReplyDelete