Thursday, March 1, 2012

Vintage finds, Bloody Valentine 2, and the Renesance Festival


A few weeks ago I found these two beautiful paires of vintage lace gloves. One pair is pink, the other is black. I have always thought long lace gloves were a wondeful and little used accessory, even in the lolita world! I only ever see them used by the lovely Asuka of Angelic Pretty, whom I will admit, I have always loved her style!!

So it is not a suprise that I wore my first lovely pair of black lace gloves to Saturdaythe 18th's event titled "Bloody Valentine 2". Here is a pic of my outfit before I left the house:


Gloves: vintage
OP: Bodyline
OTK socks, shoes: Angelic Pretty
Belt: offbrand
Hair flower: claire's
Necklace: Forever21

It was wicked fun! I even got all bloodied up! Now here are some pictures i took with my bff Emily!


She isn't a lolita so she was trying to look at my petticoat and take pictures so finally i said "fine!!!!" And I just flashed her to get it over with! XP


Me and my bestie! <3 And of course like the last club event I went to, they had a professional photographer. I kindalook all derped up in this photo because I went to the blood station and got covered! It was really fun!






The next thing I did was on Sunday I went to the Renaisance Festival with my ex boyfriend, who also just happens to be my best (dude) friend. It was so much fun! I ate a giant turkey leg, watched the jousting tournamant, watched a family circus perform juggling, and watvhex a dead guy cokedy routine! Even though we really didnt have money to spend on anything, it was a lot of fun to just look at all the crafts that were on display like hand made glass blown figurines and cups, candels, woodwork, and hand sculpted leather masks.

While I was having too much of a blast to take any photos, I did for once remember to take makeup and outfit shots beforeI left the house.


Everything here is Angelic Pretty except, obviously, my converse sneakers. At first I was going to wear my Angelic Pretty tea parties, but then I remembered how dusty it can be, and we would be walking around for hours, so I went with maximum comfort. However, I don't think that they even clash that badly with the rest of my outfit. :]


I am also really happy with how my makeup came out for the day! Since Milky Planet is a sparkley print I wanted to have as much glitter on my face as posible to match it! All the actors and workers kept on calling me Lady Sparkle Eyes. It was really funny! One of the older gentelman working even knew what lolita was! Apparently he lived in Japan for some time and knew all about it and thought it was awesome that I wear it too! Not just him, but I was aproached about evry 5 minuets by people telling me how cute I was or how much they loved my dress/outfit! It really bosted my confidence! And since I looked so different compared to everyone else who was either in normal clothes or mideval wear, whenever we went to the pub stand, they never rechecked our IDs becaused they remembered me!

All in all, It was an amazing day! I wish I would have gotten more pictures from the event, but I guess there is always next year! :]

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!!

    Long lace gloves rock!!!
    I was peeking back at your blog from my reading list and saw your make~up in this post. It's fabulous!!! (also, where'd you get your necklace, I love it) I love how it turned out and I want to try this. It got me to thinking of butterfly wings at the lid edges...have you tried that before? If I ever try it or find a good pic, I'll link it to you...
    (ps I looked at your pic you posted to my blog, I think it looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!^^ i havnt tried it actually! Im more of a random swirly lines person. I have tried tho and i seem to have a hardtime keepingthem even T_T

    ReplyDelete