Sunday, August 28, 2011

30 Day Lolita Challange- Day 2/30 Day Raver Challange

Ok! I've decided to do a 30 day rave challange as well! Allthough I think I will wait until I am finished the lolita challange to start that. I figured since both raves and lolita have a special place in my heart, any meme I do for lolita I can tweak around to work for raveing as well.

The rundown of the 30 Day rave challange is as follows:

Day 1 –10 things about your rave bubble.
Day 2 –10 things you love in raves.
Day 3 –10 things you hate in raves.
Day 4 –10 different kinds of candy/sweets you like.
Day 5 –The one rave you dream about going to.
Day 6 –your dream rave outfit.
Day 7 –10 photos of outfits that inspire your raver style.
Day 8 –10 songs that pump you up for raves.
Day 9 –10 things you will never do at a rave.
Day 10 –What’s in your rave bag?
Day 11 –One day/night as a raver in pictures.
Day 12 –A picture from your first rave.
Day 13 –5 pictures of your favorite kandi you have recieved.
Day 14 –5 pictures of your favorite kandi you have made.
Day 15 –A picture of your last rave related purchase.
Day 16 –Your favorite outfit to wear to raves.
Day 17 –What do you want more then anything to happen for the rave scene?
Day 18 –what is your favorite genre of rave music?
Day 19 –What makeup do you wear to raves?
Day 20 –A picture of a raver friend.
Day 21 –Your favorite rave you have been too.
Day 22 –A drawing of yourself. :]
Day 23 – Your favorite color and how you express it.
Day 24 –What is your rave name and why?
Day 25 –Your favorite rave themed artwork.
Day 26 –Your current Facebook profile picture.
Day 27 –One song that fits your favorite rave outfit.
Day 28 –A picture of the perfect rave.
Day 29 –A picture of a raver you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 –A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that have happened in the last 30 days.

If anybody decides to do this one please link me to it so I can follow you!

And now I can continue with the 30 day lolita challange!

Day 2- 10 Things You Love In Lolita
1. I think the one thing that atracted me right off the bat was all the details that are in each and every pice of lolita clothing, such as the lace, pintucks, gathers, etc. The attention to detail is wonderful and makes me feel special just looking at it. The clothing really is a work of art by itself!

2. The shoes! I absolutely adore all the lolita shoes! They are all so cute and come in eveery color and shade you could think of!

3. I love all the crazy things brands put out! Pvc mini skirts, mini skirts in general, cakes and pastries to wear on your head, and even an ice cream cone headdress Angelic Pretty came out with a few years back! While it is all lolita brand stuff, you can easily make a "normal" outfit with ao these wacky items as well to give your lazy days i nice touch of cute withought having to go all out.

4. OTK socks. I kind of have an obsession with socks in general but I love all the cute sicks I can wear in lolita, and even pair them up with a cute non lolita outfit as well.

5. The community. Not only do I adore my local community, I love how I can be in touch with thousands of other frilly ladys and gents with just a press of a button.

6. Even though there are a few local lolitas here, I love the fact that unless we plan to hang out, chances are I will NOT run into anybody who wears lolita, let alone what it is. So its nice to walk around without seeing someone wearing the same thing you are.

7. All the various styles and looks you can have in lolita, yet at the end of the day it is still lolita.

8. It may sound lame, but i LOVE twirling around in my lolita skirts and dresses! Its so fun having them flair out while you spin! Or doing the booty shake to help your petticoat floof out.

9. The reactions! Obviously not all have been good, but the compliments are always awesome, especially with the children! I have been called princess, a beautiful lady, and I even once overheard a little girl exclaim to her mother that when she grew up she wanted to be just like me.

10. I suppose the most import thing is, the thing i love the most about lolita is lolita itself. No matter how long I go between wearing lolita, no matter what other fashions or hobbies I get into, I always go back to lolita. I just have some special conection to it. It makes me feel confident, amazing and beautiful. Not only does it put a smile on my face, but i have knoticed it puts smiles on the faces of others when they see me. And to know that wearing lolita has made others happy, makes me all the more happier! Sometimes it feels like I didn't choose lolita, rather that it chose me.

1 comment:

  1. I followed you over here from daily_lolita, and I wish you lots of luck with your meme and blogging in the future ^^

    I completely relate to you on your number 10! I've been in and out of the lolita communities since 2003 (wow...I seriously only just realized that) and no matter where else I go or what I do, I keep getting called back to lolita fashion ^^

    ReplyDelete