Monday, August 29, 2011

30 Day Lolita Challange- Day 3/A Recepie

Before I go to the day 3 of the lolita challange, I wanted to share a recepie really quick. I have been on a diet the past few weeks and have discovered many delicious new recepies to try. Honestly because of the food I have had the past few weeks I havn't even felt like I have been on a diet!

Orange Roughy in Scallion and Ginger Sauce
Orange Roughy is a type of fish. It can also be substituted for Cod, Sole, or Flounder, allthough I HAVE tried it with tillapia and it was equally as amazing.

1/3 cup dry sherry or vermouth
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 cup finely chopped scallion (green onion)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
2 orange roughy fillets (1 pound)

Preheat oven to 400 DEGREES FARENHEIGHT. Mix the sherry or vermouth, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
Place the fish fillets in an ovenproof casserole dish. Drizzle the marinade over the fish and baoe for 12 minuets or untill the fish flakes easily.

Serves 2
Per serving: 242 calories, 35 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 1154 mg sodium, 45 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber


30 Day Lolita Challange- Day 3
10 Things You Hate In Lolita
1. The Drama! Actually, there really isnt much drama, so I really don't understand why people think there is a bunch of drama surrounding lolitas. I think what is mainly it is over-reacting noobs who, when approached with con-crit freak out assuming everyone is trying to badh the. Which rarely happens! Most people just want to help out and some people just over-react. But honestly I dont think I have ever seen someone be mean to anybody for no reason. Thus, I really hate the misconceptio that lolitas ar meanies or drama lamas. Were basically the same as pretty much anybody regardless of what we all wear.

2. I hate how lolita isn't really suited for the hot weather. I live in the hot north western climate. It gets so unbearably hot I pretty much have to quit lolita for about 3 months out of the year.

3. The price! Even though I get a lot of my pieces at cheap secondhand prices, $100 for a dress is still a lot! Not to mention all the money you spend on shipping! If I sold my entire wardrobe I could probably buy a car that was built in this century(my current car is a 1992).

4. Ankle socks and knee socks! Allthough I have seen girl with really cute coordinates who can pull them off, I really don't like them. At least on me anyways. They seem to make my legs stubby, and just look way too childish for my liking. I prefer otk socks and tights, but like I said its basically my personal fashion tastes.

5. The sizes. Allthough I pretty much fit everyhing, I have bought dresses that are perfect in every way except being just slightly too small for either my boobs, or JUST my ribs! Its very dissapointing.

6. Going along with the above, I really wish sometimes that I could try on things before purchase.

7. The name. Allthough a lit of people don't even know the definition of lolita, the ones who do just cant seem to get atound the word, and it is really irritating!

8. People thinking I am dressed like an anime character :/ (this happened this last International Lolita Day when I wore lolita to a rave because well...how could I not dress up for ILD?)

9. People thinking that just because you are dressed in lolita clothing you are suppose to act all sweet anf innocent and propper. I personally can not help but swear like a sailor at times, and if someone pushes my buttons, you bet your sweet ass I'll let them have it! Also it irritaretes me new to the fashion girls tell me how they love sweet lolita, but it dosent match their personality! Whats this?! Some of the most cheerful happy bubbly people I have ever met were Goth! I really don't understand it! :/

10. The people who think just because of your ethnicity you can/can't pull off lolita like other people. :[

YAY! I am so happy I have been able to keep this up this long! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment