Tuesday, November 29, 2011

30 Day Lolita Challange- Day 16

Day 16 –Your outfit for the day

Finally able to continue! Sorry for taking so long!!! But unlike other blogs I've seen, I refuse to give up! There have just been so many things on my mind lately! BUT here is todays outfit! Super casual! I took my dogs on a longer then usual walk now that it's cooling down.

Rundown:
Jsk: bodyline (i bought this at the beginning of the year and this is my first time wearing it!^^')
Socks: bodyline
Hair clip: claire's
Necklace: pink macaroon
Cutsew: offbrand
Shoes(not shown): f21

And a head-shot

I have become really fond of having my hair in a high bun. I think it looks really cute, plus its perfect for work! Which is why I have on almost no make-up because I'll be off for there shortly.

It was really funon the walk, but about half way through the rout, my hip started hurting really bafly! Some times I get these really intense pains i my hip area where my leg bone conects. It makes it really hard to stand or walk, and dosent do me any good when i am at work. Hopefully for Christmas I can ask my parents to take me to a doctor to figure out ehats wrong with me. I easily mess up my wrists as well and then they can be in pain for weeks at a time. I wonder if I have some sort of joint issues?

Anyways, I want to talk about my new job too! I think I may have mentioned that I am now working in a grocery stores meat department. While we do have our own items that are pre-frozen and shipped to us, we do have quite a bit of meat that we cut and prepare ourselves. Not is it only cheaper that way, but we can also provide the best cuts of meat for a lower price, but it is fresh as well. This week i am scheduled ever night for closeing shifts. That means that I am to wash down all of the equipment and the floor to ensure there is no leftover meat so that no harmful bacteria can grow and contaminate our food.

I have to hose down everything in our back room with hot soapy water. Then i have to take everything apart and clean inside. A lot of these machines are really big and even the smaller parts are incredibly heavy! I am armed with a scrub brush and a hose with hot water that shoots out really fast. So the combonation of the hot water and the pressure from the hose gets everything off. Its a cold room so i have to wear several long sleeved shirts to stay warm. But once i start hosing everything off I get soaked! This is why i wear very little makeup and i wear my hair up. After everything is clean i need to make sure all the bits of meat either go down the drain or get thrown in the trash. Then I clean all the knives and smaller machine pieces. Now that your soaked the cold starts to kick in again. Thats why its nice to have long sleeves. Even if they are wet, the hot water soaks in your shirt and keeps you warm for the rest of the night.

After everyhing is cleaned and put back together I have to empty the trash and take all the empty cardboard boxes back to the box compresser. Its really cool to see everything smoshed down flat! Then I am allowed to go. It's actually a lot of fun so far! And no dealing with customers who seem to get grumpy during the hollidays! The only issue is that some of the things are sooooo heavy! And I have to do this all alone because no one ele is there at thend of the night. I cant wait to learn how to do more stuff! I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment