Saturday, November 26, 2011

Past two events + new purchases


Ok! So not only have I found a new job, but Ive scored some really cute things, and went to a couple cool events! Life is treating me good!

First of all, a few Fridays ago I went to a rave in Phoenix called Kandiland! It was so much fun! So many of my friends were there!!! I had friends from all over Arizona show up, and all over California as well!!! It was great to see everyone in one place! Especially since I hardly ever get to see most of them! I had the cutest Hello Kitty outfit planned! Unfortunately I couldnt find my Hello Kitty fleece hat! :[ Also, I made a beadkini for one of my friends and she was going to make me a matching bead skirt in exchange, bu I guess she didnt finish it in time, so I ended up wearing a purple tutu that I made. It was actually the first tutu I ever made, but unlike my other tutus I never got to wear it untill now! Sorry for the bad pictures! I forgot my camera at home and my friends who did bring their cameras...well, we were having too much fun to remember to take more. ;p

Full outfit shot:

You can sort of see my hello kitty beadkini.^^

And a closeup picture. I didnt really like how my makeup turned out...I think its usually better, but everyone else liked it so that made me feel better about it! :] This is one of my really good friends from way out of town. I was really excited to see him! We hung out all day before the rave and some other friends joined us after the rave to eat at iHop, which is kind of a tradition for me and my local rave family!

All though I had a blast though, I was really dissapointed with the organization. The outdoor area was SO tiny! I have been to that same venue before and the outside are was big! I have no idea why they made it so tiny! Especially since it was packed! If I can remember corectly, tickets were sold to people in 23 different states! I have no clue why they didnt prepare for it. Also, at 10pm they ran out of water for 2 hours! So it was hot and packed like sardines, and no water. :/ Aside from that though, I did enjoy myself.

And if anybody is familiar with Crumpet who runs this site dedicated to sharing hundreds of kandi picture cuff patterns, then I have cool news to share! She was at the rave too! I evnded up trading her one of my 3Ds for one of her cuffs, and she said it was really pretty and loved it! :D I am really happy I actually had the chance to trade her! It's like celebrity kandi! ♥



Ok! And so event #2 was at a local bar, and it was called Vampire Masqurade! I honestly had no idea what to wear for this event! I had just gotten home from my first day of training and threw something together! However, I think it actually turned out really cute for an all offbrand thrown together outfit! I wore my underbust corset most of the night, but took it off around 2am, which made it look sort of like a gal hime outfit, but it was really cute! I want to get more flowy tops like it now so I can experiment with more styles! BUT enough of my babling and on to the pictures!


And a bad quality outfit photo for the night with my good friend Tom (who is in the very first pictur with me), this time being a photo terrorist XP

There were a few really nice photos taken by a photographer there, but I have yet to see them released, but I will definately share them as soon as I find them!^^

This same night was also when the new Angelic Pretty lucky packs were released online! I was so excited, except they were sold out a mere 3 minuets after they were released...

However, I did manage to order the new Angelic Pretty print Decoration Dreams in the sax colorway! I am so stoaked to get this set! Even though I honestly prefer more subtle things, and black, Angelic Pretty just seems to have this wicked spell over me! Every so often I see a print that i must have! I do try to keep it to jumperskirts though, so I can pair it up with a black blouse and socks to kind of town it down. However, I think I may just do an OTT sweet coord with this new set. I just cant resist all the adorable ponys! Besides, blue is my favorite color!

So, even though I know there are going to be a ton of people wearing it the typical coords that you would find in the add, I want to wear it that way as well...at LEAST once! ♥ Then I'll mix it up with the rest of my wardrobe. But even though the color and the ponies are what sold me, this is why I fell in love:





And I've decided I'm going to stop buying things unless they are on my wish-list here on my livejournal account. :]
Allthough, honestly I really need to take a break from buying lolita till my birthday! XD So I think I can wait untill May to get anything else! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment